Wednesday, October 20, 2010

goodbye yellow brick road...

Tuesday, August 3rd
Today (sadly) I would say goodbye to the Galapagos. Wah wah wah! I took it all in for one last time - smelt the salty sea-air, stared at the color of the water, noticed all the plant life around me, and hoped in a cab to go to the airport. I traveled with a few buddies that I met on the island to the airport. It was a sad ride for me. I could have stayed soooooo much longer. I would have liked to gone diving at least a few more times (although the water temp was unbearable). I was slightly nervous about the plane ride since I had a scuba "incident" the day before. I still very much so felt the pressure in my sinuses. I ha bought some meds the night before but I wasn't completely relieved of the pressure. When I got to the airport, I asked every person who looked like an "American" (and there were loads of them) if they had sudafed on them. Luckily I found a table of middle-aged white American women who happened to be a walking talking pharmacy. Oh goodie for me!!! A took the sudafed and prayed that it would kick in instantly; my flight was leaving in 30 min. The flight was fine and dandy...no head explosion...no eyes popping out of my head...no "total recall" moments. Phew! I arrived into Quito and checked into my hostel, the same one I stayed at before, and went to see my buddy Paul. Paul and I hung out for the rest of the evening. Matt (the not so happy British guy from the 1st taxi ride in Quito) also came out with us. Lets just say...he grew on me. We went out to dinner at a place called the Devils inferno. It was a famous jazz club and restaurant. Anthony Bordain filmed it on his show "No reservations." It was fantabulous! I had a piece of seabass that was as big and thick as a porterhouse steak. It was delishioso!!! After dinner Matt went on his way and Paul and I we just relaxed and chatted till we fell sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment